Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Café Kasturi, George Street, Sydney

Dear readers, 

It's the second last day of my parents trip here in Sydney to send me off to uni. We had lunch at Kasturi, a very strategically located Malaysian-Thai restaurant along George Street. From Railway Square where you can see Adina hotel is across the street, head left into George Street. The restaurant will be on your left-hand side about 300m ahead. 
Whenever I passed by this shop, I could not help but to ask if it is really open? Yes, the exterior seems pretty gloomy and empty. But be surprised when you step inside, it is a pretty fancy 'city' restaurant. Price is a little bit high but still in the affordable range. 
The three of us had Hainanese Chicken Rice, Bihun Goreng (fried vermicelli) and Char Kuey Teow (fried flat rice noodle) (AUD14.80 each). Taste was good although I wish they could be more rich in flavours. I tried my Dad's fav, steaming hot Teh Tarik and it's so nice and creamy it reminds me of home :)
 
Other mains served here included noodles (laksa kari, pad thai etc.) and rice/roti canai with poultry/meat/seafood/vegetable dishes. They also have in their menu: soup (soto ayam, tom yum goong etc.), entrée (satay, curry puff, chicken wings etc.), and desserts (banana fritters, sago, bubur kacang etc.)

Update (July 2013): A group of friends went there for dinner and ordered set meal of rice, main dishes and vegetables. They reckon that their dinner there tops other Malaysian food they have tried in Sydney :)











No comments:

Post a Comment